virtual_dave1
Contributor
Contributor

VCSA 6.7U1 task name suffix .label

Jump to solution

Hi

Lots of hits for this on Google for 6.5 but not for 6.7.

Just done a seemingly successful upgrade of a two-site environment vcsa\psc 6.5U2 to 6.7U1.  So far so good.

However one of the vCenters is showing task names with the suffix '.label', for example, vm.Snapshot.remove.label, VirtualMachine.relocate.label.  Interestingly if I connect to the other vCenter (in ELM, different site and different PSC) I see the same tasks displaying normally.

As per a couple of the Google hits, I've checked the MOB of the affected vCenter and there are no third-party extensions installed.

Anybody else seen this with 6.7U1, or have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Dave

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Reboot both vCenters and see if that clears it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Reboot both vCenters and see if that clears it.

0 Kudos
virtual_dave1
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion but sadly it made no difference.  Bounced both PSCs and both VCSAs and the issue persists.

0 Kudos
virtual_dave1
Contributor
Contributor

Scrap that - I had cause to reboot it again and bizarrely for whatever reason the task are now displaying properly.

I would add that before posting I did reboot the affected VCSA at least once.  But I did not reboot both VCSAs and both external PSCs - so perhaps that is somehow relevant.

Anyway - thanks.  Have some points Smiley Happy

Dave

0 Kudos
Ardaneh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I know that this post is somehow old!! but I want to share my experience for those who did not find this solution a proper one.

We have 2 vCenters that are connected to each other (PSC Linked) and one of them had this problem (specifically talking, the problem was with the HTML5 version of VC but not with Flex version). so I compared almost everything (vSphere-ui files and services) between these two VCs and realized that there is a file at this path "/etc/vmware/vsphere-ui/cmCatalog" which is different from the one at the healthy vCenter. The file name was "com.vmware.cis.vcenterserver", and the difference was the size of files, one of them was almost 5MB and another one (the corrupted one) was 1KB. so we replaced the corrupted one with the other one and restarted the vSphere Web Client service. The problem has gone!

I hope this could be an alternative solution for you guys.

cheers

Robuea
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This fixed it for me in vCenter 7.0u2 - the file /etc/vmware/vsphere-ui/cmCatalog/com.vmware.cis.vcenterserver was missing entirely for some reason.  It was there and working fine yesterday.  Absolutely no idea why it disappeared.   

Luckily we had another vCenter at the same patch level to quickly copy the file over from.

0 Kudos