VMware Cloud Community
mhdganji
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VCSA 6.7 Error while connecting to external Platform Service Controller - Certificate does not match host

Hi,

I installed Platform Service Controller 6.7. All went fine. Then I tried to install vCenter Server Appliance 6.7. While asking for external service controller I'm facing this error

The hostname of VPSC vm is exactly VPSC.mydomain.com and I verified it not only in web but also in a SSH session to VPSC VM but as you see it says as follows

Unable to validate the connectivity to the external Platform Services Controller.

Failed to validate sso.('VPSC.mydomain.com' doesn't match with hostname in Platform Services Controller certificate)

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mhdganji
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The problem is solved. It was happening because of time difference and sync problem between VCSA and controller.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
mhdganji
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The problem is solved. It was happening because of time difference and sync problem between VCSA and controller.

0 Kudos
ap_idb
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I don't know how accurate this is, and yours is the only response to the thread. I've had this issue 3 times not, attempting to re-create and document it.

Both of my esxi hosts are on NTP servers, both in sync. Both vcenters show synced times as well

0 Kudos
ap_idb
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

So, as I was trying to figure this out, I attempted with a lowercase FQDN for my existing vcenter/psc. That worked immediately.

josteinnygard
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks ap_idb, you save me a lot of time! Lowercase FQDN worked for me, as well!

MarkServello
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

You just saved me untold hours of search and retry. THANKS!

0 Kudos