VMware Cloud Community
marekj
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VCSA 6.5 with the Essentials Plus package

Hello guys,

Sorry for a little greenhorn question, but I just start my journey with the vCenter solution.

I have a question: is it enough to run VCSA 6.5 appliance in ESXi 6.5 environment with the Essentials Plus Kit license in hands please?

I know, the VCSA doesn't ask about licensing due the installation process, even with the vCenter HA enabled due the installation proces etc.

But then, probably after installation (as always) it runs in the evaluation mode, then the license allocation is required.

Am I able to use my Essential Plus license after installation please?

If not, can I disable some functionality after installation to comply with the license as above please?

Or if I can't, what shall I install as the alternative please (I have DC versions of W16 in my pocket as well).

Currently, I have to manage two Poweredge with HA. It may be extended in the future, but then I probably go for the higher versions of licenses.

Any advice welcome.

Cheers,

Marek

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jhague
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You're right it will install in eval mode initially. Once you apply your license you'll be able to use the features your license entitles you to. You can change/upgrade licenses without having to reinstall.

John Hague http://linkedin.com/in/john-hague | twitter @jhague10 VCIX-DCV | VCP-DCV 3/4/5/6 | VCP6-NV | VCP7-CMA | VCAP7-CMA Design

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jhague
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You're right it will install in eval mode initially. Once you apply your license you'll be able to use the features your license entitles you to. You can change/upgrade licenses without having to reinstall.

John Hague http://linkedin.com/in/john-hague | twitter @jhague10 VCIX-DCV | VCP-DCV 3/4/5/6 | VCP6-NV | VCP7-CMA | VCAP7-CMA Design
0 Kudos
marekj
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

Sorry for a little dumb question, but I try to attach my Essentials Plus license to VCSA and I cannot.

I can attach to administration, but the main appliance just refuses my key.

Basis on your answer, I can apply.

But if you see on the pictures bellow, the evaluation key covers lot of features currently and VCSA doesn't like my Essentials key anyway.

Any tips please?

Cheers,

Marek

vcsa_lic1.JPG

vcsa_lic2.JPG

0 Kudos
marekj
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Sorted out Smiley Happy

vcsa_lic3.JPG

0 Kudos
joaovitorhr
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello

Were you able to use vCenter HA 6.5 (VCHA) with the Essentials Plus license?

0 Kudos