VMware Cloud Community
Bergold
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VCSA 6.5 SSO login from trusted AD domain

Hi,

i have two Active Directory forrests with a single Domain that are trusted (two way trust). Since we upgrade from vCenter 5.5 to vCenter 6.5 we are not able to use the "use Windows session credentials" from both Domains to Login in the web-Client. The vCenter is Domain joined in Domain A. There we can use the Windows session credential to login but from Domain B we are not able. For testing i deleted the sso identity from Domain A (Active Directory (Windows Integrated Authentication)) and recreat two identities with Active Directory LDAP Servers. The Problem still exist. If i manual type in username and password from Domain B i'm able to login.

Is there anybody else who uses the Windows authentication from a different Domain?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
parmarr
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

If, "Use Windows session authentication" is grayed out, uninstall the older plugins completely and install only 6.5 Enhanced authentication plugin.

If you are getting other errors, Make sure to follow the certifications installation following : http://blog.vmtraining.net/2017/02/fix-that-damn-enhanced-authentication.html. This could happen due to invalid certificates for SSL.

Sincerely, Rahul Parmar VMware Support Moderator
0 Kudos
Bergold
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

my problem is not a greyed out login window. The Problem is like a bug that i cannot use this option to login from a trusted domain. Using Username and Password works perfect, but it's not userfriendly.

0 Kudos