I have problems with performance charts in VCSA 6.5 management after upgrade to 6.5.0a.
Upgrade to 6.5.0d didn't resolve the problem.
In "Networking", "CPU and Memory" and "Database" sections there should be perf charts, but instead I get "No data to display".
In vSphere Web Client there are no problems with charts.
Does anyone has the same problems?
Please see attachment.
It was working fine for me, but broke when I installed the 188.8.131.5200 update.
I have several VCSA running and so far it seems to work only on the external PSC.
All other give the same "No data to display"
When selecting 1 week ... I do get the graph up to the point where I ran the update last week.
Did you ever mange to get this issue resolved? I am facing the exact same problem after upgrading my vCenter appliance from v6.5.0 to 6.5.0 U1.
I would appreciate it if you could let me know!
Thanks for the reply. Attached the services running on my vCenter appliance. I am not familiar with a specific Performance Monitoring service. I need to point out that other statistical data (from VMs, datastores etc.) is recorded and displays correctly in https://servername/vsphere-client/ - it is the performance data within the appliance management https://servername:5480/ that is missing.
This worked to start the VCSA graphs:
re: VCSA v. 184.108.40.20600 Build Number 7312210 December 19, 2017
vSphere Web Client
> Home (icons page)
> System Configuration
> Services Health
> next to 'Not Applicable' click on 'x Services' link
> click on VMware Appliance Monitoring Service (vcsa.ip) link
Start the service with The Green Triangle; took ~2 minutes to complete
Open vcsa.ip:5480 and confirm graphing has started.
Did you fix it?
I'm in the same boat now..
One of our vCenter Server Appliances (vCSA 6.5U1f with embedded PSC) “has lost” all of its status. All health status are shown as ‘Unknown’ and checking the different CPU/Memory/Network/Database pages shows no data anymore (“no data to display”). No network configuration is shown, and clicking on configure networking interface is not possible since the interface it not listed (!); but it’s there since we can SSH in, and vCenter seems to work fine, so it seems to be a AMUI/appliance service(s) problem.
Also, trying to trigger a manual native backup doesn’t work. We’re met with a popup in the bottom right corner saying “Unable to start backup due to an unknown problem”.
This is on the latest 6.5.0U1f (and before on 6.5.0U1c)
Update: I fixed it. I had created an empty /etc/vmware/appliance/firewall.conf file earlier since the logs were complaining about missing file, and I wanted to see if that helped. Well, deleting that file (was 0 bytes) and starting applmgmt service (service-control --start applmgmt) was all it took.
Update 2: And while I fixed my problem, I suddenly got the problem on another vCenter, this time one that is in vCenter HA mode. And there is no (user created) firewall.conf to delete this time. So my problem is kinda still here, on another vCenter (and applmgmt service is running there).
Update 3: Clearing the browser cache seems to make the status go green/good again.
Seems there are no solution so far on this case.. I was gonna edit my post, but action>edit didn't work today, so I post add a new post...
My two production environments still have this problem (or should I say "problem" since it's not affecting the vCenter Service). We have a support case going with HPE & VMware (VMware OEM via HPE... not my preferred support but that's the way it is..)