VMware Cloud Community
mbc230k
Contributor
Contributor

VCSA 6.5 DNS error on Windows 2008 R2 AD and with EDNS Enabled

Hello.....I have been trying to build out a new VCSA 6.5 appliance and I am struggling with it. I create the VCSA using the VCSA Server Appliance Installer 6.5 and then I get to the actual configuration and I get an error "The Supplied system name "FQDN" is not valid" and then mentions the resolution of making sure you have an FQDN, which I know I do. I have done everything I can think of and I can resolve the name with the DNS forward and reverse lookup using nslookup and even using dig. I installed dig on both the VC 5.5 server and the Windows Server 2008 R2 AD DNS DC and even enabled EDNS as well. I am lost and have tried everything at this point. When the appliance loads up I get "Failed to Start Services. First Boot Error". I have looked up this error to no end and I have found it is related to the FQDN and trust me it is configured correctly. Why doesn't the setup wizard see it? All I am trying to do is create a new VCSA 6.5 appliance for my environment as I am on vSphere 5.5 and I know I need to upgrade. I want to avoid the migration wizard as I want to start fresh as my environment is pretty simple at this point and since this is my first time with the appliance I want to get used to it. Can anyone help me out? Thank you in advance.

See screenshot below:

mbc230k_0-1615155717521.png

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Lucatec_Support
Contributor
Contributor

I get the same error you reported with the same environment (Windows 2008 R2, etc.). I logged in to the new vCenter on the console while the error message is shown. Checking forward and reverse resolution of the FQDN works just fine. So the error message does not make any sense at all.

Did you resolve your issue?

0 Kudos