VMware Cloud Community
Zaib_Khan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

V Update Manager installation in VCenter Appliance

Hi All Experts,

I want to know that i have to install V Update manager in V center Server Virtual Appliance 6.0 standard version as update manager is not comes in bundle with Vcenter server appliance.

I have to install it separately.

So kindly guide me that is it only installs with Windows machine and integrate with V Center server appliance?

if it integrates with V center appliance appliance, then is it requires extra license or my V center appliance license will fulfill the criteria.

Need help in this. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Yes, it can only be installed on a Windows system. Yes, it integrates with the vCSA. And, no, you do not need a separate license.

0 Kudos
Zaib_Khan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi daphnissov,

Thanks for the response,

That's perfect. One thing more i want to know, Can i install Update manager download services along with Update manager in the same server.

Waiting for the response.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Probably, but that defeats the purpose of UMDS. You install that on a different system that has access to the public repos, otherwise just use VUM.

0 Kudos
Wonlliv
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi there,

could also recommend to take a look at the feature in version 6.5 which is already integrated.

Take a look at the VMware Product Walktrough ( there are even more walkthroughs Smiley Wink )

Product Walkthroughs

Best regards

www.hyper-converged.com
0 Kudos
Nahida123
Contributor
Contributor

No You can't install UMDS and update manager on same system. It clearly throws you error even if you try.

UMDS.png

0 Kudos