VMware Cloud Community
berndweyand
Expert
Expert

Upgrade vcsa 6.5 to 7.0.3 - lsdoctor is missing the right template

Hello,

i want to upgrade vcsa 6.5.0.39000 to vcsa 7.0.3.00600.

before upgrade i have checked with lsdoctor -l  (https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/80469) and it found some issues which need to be fixed.

but when i ran "lsdoctor -s" it shows an error that the needed template is missing.

looking in the template folder there is only 18711281_6.5.0.38000_vcsa.json, i think i need 19261680_6.5.0.39000_vcsa.json.

the attached lsdoctor.zip in this kb seems not to be the actual version. where can i get the newest version ?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
jrmunday
Commander
Commander

I compared the KB download to one VMware sent me this week to resolve some stale certificate trust mismatches and they are the same. I'm pretty sure that is the latest version (as there is a template for v8.0), so might be worth logging the issue to VMware for support. I also compared it to an old one I downloaded in the past and neither contains the specific template you're after -- vCenter Server 6.5 Update 3s | 08 FEB 2022 | ISO Build 19261680.

vExpert 2014 - 2022 | VCP6-DCV | http://www.jonmunday.net | @JonMunday77
0 Kudos
berndweyand
Expert
Expert

found a hint to generate a new template on an functioning vcsa with same buildnumber. generated a new one but the file isnt accepted.

but the templates currently in lsdoctor are too old because 6.5.0.39000 and 40000 are missing, the newest version is 38000 which is from 10/2021.

so i will ask support

thank you

0 Kudos
berndweyand
Expert
Expert

got it fixed. generated a new template on another system.

this template was accepted and i was able to fix the errors. now i will try to upgrade the vcsa

0 Kudos
Ajay1988
Expert
Expert

Generate a new template.

Ajay1988_0-1655515976325.png

If you think your queries have been answered
Mark this response as "Correct" or "Helpful".

Regards,
AJ
0 Kudos
cbankadmin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I just upgraded vCenter from 7.0.3.00700 to 7.0.3.01400. LSDoctor had a template for the previous version and I was able to use it to remove duplicate vCenter instances. After the upgrade I discovered there is no corresponding template for the .01400 version I'm running now. Is there some place I can download that, or what would happen if I build one off the current VCSA I have - considering it has duplicate vCenter instances and issues with multiple VAPI instances?

0 Kudos
berndweyand
Expert
Expert

the attachment in https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/80469 is periodically updated with new templates

0 Kudos
cbankadmin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Got this issue resolved - the Option #1 to rebuild a template creates a new one that corresponds to the current build. It appears to not refer to anything in the current / broken environment, it just builds one same as if it had been included in the attachment.

0 Kudos
berndweyand
Expert
Expert

yes, but you can only generate a template on a healthy system. if lsdoctor finds any issues one cannot generate a template

0 Kudos