VMware Cloud Community
vmrulz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Upgrade vcenter appliance from 5.5 to 5.5a?

I'm assuming there is some form of import procedure that will allow me to suck in all the existing config settings. Anybody know what the process is? I can't find it in the release notes or doc center.

Thanks for any input.

Ron

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vmrulz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Found it in the mountain of documentation: vSphere 5.5 Documentation Center

You have the choice doing an in place upgrade from the vCSA or doing an import export from old appliance to new.. I chose the in place upgrade... this took at about 15 minutes prior to reboot. Appears to be working after the reboot.

The import/export alternative process leads you down the old certificates rat hole:VMware KB: Configuring Certificate Authority (CA) signed certificates for vCenter Server Appliance 5...insert vomit emoticon

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
vmrulz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Found it in the mountain of documentation: vSphere 5.5 Documentation Center

You have the choice doing an in place upgrade from the vCSA or doing an import export from old appliance to new.. I chose the in place upgrade... this took at about 15 minutes prior to reboot. Appears to be working after the reboot.

The import/export alternative process leads you down the old certificates rat hole:VMware KB: Configuring Certificate Authority (CA) signed certificates for vCenter Server Appliance 5...insert vomit emoticon

0 Kudos