VMware Cloud Community
stoffl2610
Contributor
Contributor

Upgrade vCenter 7.0.3 to vCenter 8.0.2

Hi Community,

i would like to Upgrade my vCenter 7.0.3 to vCenter 8.0.2. 

Stage 1 finished without any problems.

At Beginning from Stage 2. The Check Fails with Error "The source host thumbprint is different than the provide one.

By the way: My vCenter has a official Zertificatestoffl2610_1-1702846896696.png

Does anybody have an idea?

Thanks

Christoph

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
ThompsG
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hello @stoffl2610,

Just wondering if you have DRS enabled and set to automatic on the cluster which is running the VCSA? If so, try disabling and then run the upgrade again or if you know the host that the VCSA might have been on at the beginning of the upgrade, then temporarily disable DRS, migrate the VM back and retry the pre-check.

Hope this makes sense?

0 Kudos
Sachchidanand
Expert
Expert

Please check if you are following the below link for prerequisites for vcenter upgrade:

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/7.0/com.vmware.vcenter.upgrade.doc/GUID-913F49FC-E0F4-4AEE...

Regards

Sachchidanand

0 Kudos
stoffl2610
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @ThompsG,

thank you for your answer.

DRS is not enabled. Even this instance ist only Standard License.

vSAN is enabled, does this make a difference?

0 Kudos
stoffl2610
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @Sachchidanand ,

all the prerequisites are set, as in the link suggested.

Christoph

0 Kudos
basteku73
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

That looks like a problem with one of the esxi hosts. 

Try to find out which one, and maybe just disconnect it from vCenter. 

Regards, 

Bastek

0 Kudos
stoffl2610
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @basteku73,

the problem is alive on all three nodes in the cluster. I've already disconnected it from vCenter.

0 Kudos
andrew789
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I've had a problem in the past were a mix of upper and lower case letters between the FQDN of the vCenter, DNS and the SSL Certificate. It might be worth checking that all three are the same case (Upper/lower).

Regards

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
PedroAzzurro
Contributor
Contributor

Is it worth removing all three hosts from the cluster, then attempting the upgrade again. Successful validation/progression of the problem step outlined would slightly narrow the problem down. Could even attempt to get through to completion and add the hosts again post upgrade, always got the rollback if it goes TU provided you remember to take a snapshot of course.

Hosted services will obviously continue to run on the hosts, but since there would be a loss of HA and DRS for the duration might be worth attempting during a maintenance window for obvious reasons. 

0 Kudos