VMware Cloud Community
bascheew
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Upgrade to vCenter 6.5 went smooth, but now I can't increase the size of datastores

After a smooth migration from vCenter on Windows to the vCenter 6.5 appliance (and getting used to the web GUI Smiley Sad) I am no longer able to increase the size of datastores.  I never had a problem doing this in the C# vSphere client, I would just rescan storage and then the hosts would see the new available space from the SAN and then I could increase the size.  Is this a bug in 6.5 or perhaps in the Web UI from previous versions?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Not sure whether this is a bug (well it certainly seems to be one). However, I've seen this in previous releases too, where increasing a datastore was not possible from vCenter Server, but it was possible by connecting directly to one of the hosts.

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Not sure whether this is a bug (well it certainly seems to be one). However, I've seen this in previous releases too, where increasing a datastore was not possible from vCenter Server, but it was possible by connecting directly to one of the hosts.

André

0 Kudos
bascheew
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you.  I had to connect directly to a host using the C# client and I was able to increase the datastore there.  I hope this is addressed with a patch!

0 Kudos