VMware Cloud Community
PhantomAM
Contributor
Contributor

Upgrade from vCenter 5.5 to 6.5 unable to invoke during stage 2

I am working on upgrading a lab environment vcenter from 5.5 to 6.5   Now I have done stage one with no issue but on the last step of stage two where you hit finish I am getting an error saying Unable to invoke installation due to:   then nothing after that. It is just a blank notification. I looked around online and nothing seemed to match what I was getting I saw a bunch of RPM errors and such but nothing where it was a blank notification error message.

Any ideas on what it might be?

my set up is vcenter 6.5 running on esxi 6.0 which was running two 5.5 esxi and a 5.5 vcenter

Server is a Dell R710 LLF 2 x 4 core and 146 GB of storage as a singe datastore.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Can you show screenshots of the installation process where you deploy the new appliance?

0 Kudos
PhantomAM
Contributor
Contributor

vcenter 13.PNGvcenter 14.PNGvcenter 15.PNGvcenter error 1.PNG

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Check the destination ESXi host where this is getting deployed. Is NTP running and configured to point at an ​internal​ NTP server within your environment? Is the workstation from which you're running this wizard pointed at the same NTP server and the times are in sync?

0 Kudos
PhantomAM
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks I changed it to a public NTP server to test and that solved it. God I love this community.

0 Kudos