VMware Cloud Community
Homdax
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Update precheck remediation fails > DRS is disabled on the cluster.

I have read the docs. I have seen a post about this.

Nowhere does it say what I can actually DO to make my update remediation check pass and install updates.

Homdax_0-1656409395801.png

*.61 is my ESXi Host. That hosts the VC. That manages the ESXi. 

Maybe you need more details about my setup, that's fine and I will provide them. But let me just say I have no cluster that a DRS could be enabled or disabled on...

Is there perhaps a way to disable this particular check?

- - -
CLI is the lack of UI.
Small, tiny, SOHO. Micro MSP.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
DurhamNeil
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Do you have a single ESXi host? HA and DRS require at least 2 hosts in a cluster.

VCP-DVC 2022 & CCNA
0 Kudos
Homdax
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

See, that is some of what I figured out, but since I don't have that there should be some kind of option to disable that check.

All my storage is on 14 1TB 2.5" RAID drives on one server.

- - -
CLI is the lack of UI.
0 Kudos
Homdax
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

So is there a way to disable the DRS check?

It is blocking my "update remediation".

- - -
CLI is the lack of UI.
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You only have a single ESXi host in the vCenter Server inventory, so your VMs have nowhere else to go while the host remediation takes place.

Not sure there's any way you can continue with what you're doing here til you have at least 1 more host.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
Homdax
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Didn't realize they had to go anywhere... to hot for them to be outside anyways.

On a more serious note, I could fire up my twin server and have it running during updates....  can't have it on 24/7, have a power bill to consider. 

- - -
CLI is the lack of UI.
0 Kudos