VMware Cloud Community
mathan2012
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Update Manager files (download patches) are eating up space on the system drive. Need a way to Migrate the files to other volume.

I'm using vCenter 5.1 U3 with Windows 2008 server R2 edition. C: drive have 64 GB but most of the time getting alert as C: drive is full. When I have checked the server C: drive "Program Data" Update Manager folder occupied some more space. I suspect download files are eating my space.

is there a way to change the location of download files?

S. Mathana Gopal.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
siva2vmware
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Mathan,

To change the default download location :

1. Open the vci-integrity.xml file from C:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\Update Manager\vci-integrity.xml.

Note: In 64-bit Windows, the default file location is C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\Infrastructure\Update Manager\vci-integrity.xml.

Search for patchStore.

<patchStore>C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\VMware\VMware Update Manager\Data\</patchStore>

Note: Your new directory is empty and does not contain valid metadata. Copy the old directory's data or run the vCenter Update Manager download update.

Replace the location with the preferred location.

Save and close the file.

2. Restart the VMware vSphere Update Manager Service.

Hope this helps for your issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Please take a look at VMware KB: Changing the download location for VMware vCenter Update Manager patch repository for instructions on how to do this.

André

0 Kudos
siva2vmware
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Mathan,

To change the default download location :

1. Open the vci-integrity.xml file from C:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\Update Manager\vci-integrity.xml.

Note: In 64-bit Windows, the default file location is C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\Infrastructure\Update Manager\vci-integrity.xml.

Search for patchStore.

<patchStore>C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\VMware\VMware Update Manager\Data\</patchStore>

Note: Your new directory is empty and does not contain valid metadata. Copy the old directory's data or run the vCenter Update Manager download update.

Replace the location with the preferred location.

Save and close the file.

2. Restart the VMware vSphere Update Manager Service.

Hope this helps for your issue.

0 Kudos