VMware Cloud Community
szsaifi
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to upload files to vsphere datastore through vCenter server (vsphere web client)

Hi,

I am trying to upload an ISO image to the datastore in one of my vsphere servers. But whenever I click on the upload file button,a message appears to download the and install the Client Integration Plugin to enable file transfers. However, the Client Integration Plug-in is already installed on my PC and it is the same PC from where I installed the vCenter Server (which also requires Client Integration plug-in). I am using !Mozilla Firefox v41 on !Windows 10

vcenter-datastore-upload-install-client-plugin.png

Please somebody help me to find and remove the error.

Regards,

S. Zahir

0 Kudos
5 Replies
KSethi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello S. Zahir,

The same issue happened in my environment and i tried to uninstall the client integration plugin and then tried reinstalling it again it worked but this time we need to be careful making sure that there are no background processes running for firefox you can check the same by opening up the task manager and then listing the process from all users if any try to kill it and then install the client integration plugin it will fix the issue.

Rgds

Kanishk

0 Kudos
NavalgundRaj
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Zahir,

Please try below options and remediation.

Client Integration Plug-In might not work as expected if you log in to the vSphere Web Client using Internet Explorer 11*

If you log in to the vSphere Web Client using Internet Explorer 11, the following problems might occur when you perform tasks related to Client Integration Plug-In:

• Even if the Client Integration Plug-In is installed, the following message is displayed when you attempt to import or export an OVF template:
    Download the Client Integration Plug-in
  • File browser does not allow you to upload or download a file from the datastore.
  • You cannot mount images from the CD/DVD drive.
  • The virtual machine console might display a black screen with the following error message:
    Remote Console is not properly installed

You may try this : Use Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, or earlier versions of Internet Explorer to access the vSphere Web Client. You can also use vSphere Client instead of vSphere Web Client to work around this issue.

Note: If you found this correct or answer useful please consider the use of the Correct buttons to award points. Regards Basavaraj.R Navalgund
0 Kudos
szsaifi
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for reply.

I tried as you suggested but the issue is still there. I removed the CIP and restarted the system. After login, I installed the CIP again. When logged into vSphere Web Client using !Firefox, still faced the same problem. No other user logged into the system and no other software accessing the vSphere Web Client. I also updated the Adobe Flash player to newest thinking may be there should be some problem. But still issue not resolved. Please suggest some other solution.

0 Kudos
szsaifi
Contributor
Contributor

I am already using !Mozilla Firefox v41.0. But still facing the same problem (problem identified at point 1 in your reply). Reinstalled the CIP and restarted system to check if problem is removed but unsuccessful. As you suggested to use vSphere Client, I am also facing problem there. Please see my following post and reply if you can help in the matter.

The type initializer for 'VirtualInfrastructure.Utils.ClientsXML' threw an exception

Waiting for response please....

Regards,

S. Zahir

0 Kudos
KSethi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

0 Kudos