VMware Cloud Community
greensys
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Unable to update VCSA 7.0 from VAMI

Hello,

I can't update my VCSA 7.0 from VAMI, the buttons "Stage only" and "Stage and Install" are locked.

greensys_0-1613126577210.png

I tried to reboot the Appliance, I tried to use ISO to check updates from CD-ROM but I get the same issue.

I have a second VCSA 7.0 for which I had no problem to update. This is specific to this Appliance.

How can I unlock the buttons and run the update ?

Thanks

Regards

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pragg12
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi,

If the GUI is not working for you, you can try CLI method from below link. I used this with VCSA 6.7; haven't tried it in VCSA 7 yet but since the command is available in VCSA 7, it should work. Also, ensure you have backup of existing appliance before proceeding with this.

How to patch VMware VCSA | StarWind Blog (starwindsoftware.com)

Consider marking this response as "Correct" or "Helpful" if you think my response helped you in any way.

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
3 Replies
pragg12
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi,

If the GUI is not working for you, you can try CLI method from below link. I used this with VCSA 6.7; haven't tried it in VCSA 7 yet but since the command is available in VCSA 7, it should work. Also, ensure you have backup of existing appliance before proceeding with this.

How to patch VMware VCSA | StarWind Blog (starwindsoftware.com)

Consider marking this response as "Correct" or "Helpful" if you think my response helped you in any way.
Tags (1)
greensys
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. I could have updated the VCSA via CLI and it worked 🙂

But I still have this issue with VAMI after the update. Even If I can update my VCSA with CLI, I would like to know what is this bug and how to solve it.

Does someone know this issue ?

Thank you and have a nice week-end.

0 Kudos
pragg12
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Glad to know CLI method worked for you. 

For GUI, I suspect that it is something to do with update config file. Try steps in link below. If this doesn't work, I recommend raising case with VMware support for speedy resolution.

How to workaround "Update installation failed. vCenter Server is non-operational." message during VC...

0 Kudos