VMware Cloud Community
jcstein
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to uninstall Client Integration Plug-in 6.0.0

Running Windows 7 SP 1, IE 11.\

I am trying to clean up my plug-in installations to get around an error using Firefox and the Web Client for vSphere 6.5.  One of the recommendations I saw was to remove all old plugins..

I had 5.5, 6.0 and 6.5. I was able to uninstall 5.0 and 6.0 but 6.5 is telling me that I need to close Internet Explorer to uninstall. It is not running, not showing running in task manager. Reboot Windows, run nothing else.. still says Internet Explorer is running.

Is there a way for me to manually rip out the plugin since the uninstaller won't run?

This is a legacy administration workstation that I keep around to run software that just won't run on WIndows 10 (the programmer for our ESI phone system is one such application).

At this point its easier to just use another browser than completely re-install Windows on this computer to get around the issue.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AishR
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

0 Kudos
nparas5
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

If its problem in single machine please try to un-install the same in "Safe-Mode", windows Installer will not run in safe mode so you need to create one registry key from command line and then run the net start command to start the service, below are the steps:

Reboot machine , press F8 and go to safe mode.

Open Command Prompt and run below:

REG ADD "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\MSIServer" /VE /T REG_SZ /F /D "Service

Start the service by:

net start msiserver

Go to add remove programs and uninstall. Hope this works.

NOTE: You might need check the processes running from "iexplore" first in task manager, if they are try killing them and if not proceed to uninstall the same by Safe Mode.

0 Kudos
jcstein
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, that did the trick.

0 Kudos