VMware Cloud Community
juan_herrera1
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to start vmware-sps on 6.5.0-7515524

Hello everyone!

Im new using VCSA. I installed on an ESXI host VCSA.

My problem is when I'm trying to create a new Virtual Machine I got this error from Client Flash:

PBM error occurred during PreCreateCheckCallback: HTTP error response: Bad Request

I was looking for help on Google that I must have to start vmware-sps service, so i logged on in vmware console and service never start.

With HTML 5 Client at new virtual machine wizard, datastore never ends to load.

Someone can point me to solve this issues?

Thanks!

Regards Juan.

error.jpg

12 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

On your vCSA in a shell session, what is the output of this command:  service-control --status --all

0 Kudos
msripada
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Yes pls post the service-control --status --all output and also check the sps logs in /var/log/vmware/vmware-sps

Thanks,

MS

0 Kudos
juan_herrera1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello! This is the output

root@photon-machine [ ~ ]# service-control --status --all

Running:

applmgmt lwsmd pschealth vmafdd vmcad vmdird vmdnsd vmonapi vmware-cis-license vmware-cm vmware-content-library vmware-eam vmware-psc-client vmware-rhttpproxy vmware-sca vmware-statsmonitor vmware-sts-idmd vmware-stsd vmware-vapi-endpoint vmware-vmon vmware-vpostgres vmware-vpxd vmware-vpxd-svcs vsphere-client vsphere-ui

Stopped:

vmcam vmware-imagebuilder vmware-mbcs vmware-netdumper vmware-perfcharts vmware-rbd-watchdog vmware-sps vmware-updatemgr vmware-vcha vmware-vsan-health vmware-vsm

0 Kudos
juan_herrera1
Contributor
Contributor

I checked directory and i havent got logs on this path..

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

root@photon-machine [ ~ ]# service-control --status --all

This line shows you don't have the hostname properly set. You need to re-deploy this appliance from the latest available ISO for the vCSA and go through the installer making sure to use FQDN (which means you need forward and reverse DNS functional) and NTP across your environment. Attempting to solve this after the fact is going to take longer than redeploying.

msripada
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Yes.. Daphnissov is correct.. Photon-machine name comes at the first stage of upgrade..

Thanks,

MS

0 Kudos
juan_herrera1
Contributor
Contributor

May be you have guide to avoid this error, i installed VCSA from latest ISO and I got this hostname (photon-machine)

I'll check it again redeploying vCSA on my SSD.

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Can you show the input values you're using during installation?

0 Kudos
juan_herrera1
Contributor
Contributor

Deployment model is Embedded PSC

On this image, HOSTNAME it's shown set up as photon-machine

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

There's no image.

0 Kudos
juan_herrera1
Contributor
Contributor

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

You have two problems. The first is this:

3.JPG

The System Name is *NOT* an IP address, it's a fully-qualified domain name. You must be using a FQDN in this field and have forward and reverse DNS that is functional.

The second is your NTP source. You cannot use an external NTP source from Google for an internal deployment. You need internal NTP servers at which to point this deployment, and you need to ensure 3 points in particular use that same NTP source: 1) the workstation from which you're doing this deployment; 2) the ESXi host which is hosting this VM; and 3) the deployment of vCSA itself.

Correct these things and your vCSA deployment should succeed.

0 Kudos