VMware Cloud Community
DustinPark
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Unable to migrate VM from one host to another host in the same VCenter

When going through the Migrate sequence -

Select Migration Type - Change both compute resource and storage

Select a compute resource - *I have selected the new Host that I want to migrate the VM to.

Select Storage - *I have selected the correct storage location on the new Host.

Select Networks - Compatibility issue.

New Host- 

• The virtual machine uses network 'VM Network'. Since the operation is being conducted across datacenters, this network may not be the same network on the source and destination. This is because network names are only unique within a datacenter.

I have read through several forums and all have directed me to check stuff like security permissions of the hosts and make sure they match, turn off promiscuous mode, etc. I have done all of these things but still have the same issue. 

Screenshot 2022-11-02 at 12.11.31 PM.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tibmeister
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

This is a warning saying "Hey, we notice you are using a VSS, so we cannot verify that every host in the target cluster has the network named 'VM Network' defined.  Please check, and if you are sure it exists, go ahead".  It's not an error, but an information warning.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Tibmeister
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

This is a warning saying "Hey, we notice you are using a VSS, so we cannot verify that every host in the target cluster has the network named 'VM Network' defined.  Please check, and if you are sure it exists, go ahead".  It's not an error, but an information warning.

DustinPark
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

@Tibmeister - I feel like a fool! Migration worked and have no more issues.

Thanks for clarifying!

0 Kudos
Tibmeister
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

No need to feel like a fool, the wording of the warning should be more clear on the matter.

0 Kudos