VMware Cloud Community
vandreytrindade
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Unable to login as root on vCenter after update

Hi,

I have updated my appliance today to version 6.7.0.14000 and then I'm unable to login as root on vCenter:

pastedImage_1.png

The password is correct because I can login on the machine (after returning the error: "Failed to connect to service")

pastedImage_0.png

Att, Vandrey Trindade
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vandreytrindade
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

diegodco31​,

Funny, I didn't need to do anything... After a reboot and waiting for a considering amount of time it returned to work.

Thanks anyway!

Att, Vandrey Trindade

View solution in original post

4 Replies
diegodco31
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Check if the following VCSA 6.5 fails to start File System Check and Network Service - Nolabnoparty article helps.

Please consider marking this answer "correct" or "helpful" if you think your question have been answered correctly.

Diego Oliveira
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/dcodiego
vandreytrindade
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

diegodco31​,

Funny, I didn't need to do anything... After a reboot and waiting for a considering amount of time it returned to work.

Thanks anyway!

Att, Vandrey Trindade
Jonsie
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Heads up!

Same problem here. Upgrading VCSA 6.7.0.41000 from 6.7.0.40000. Everything went as normal except the progress bar got stuck at "Converting Data 80%". When i tried to refresh the page I got kicked out of VCSA appliance login and root did not work as mentioned. The "Unable to login" message is different than the "Access denied" messages most of the articles assume you are getting when you search for VCSA root can't login. Even though you can't login to VCSA you should be able to login to VCenter, open the VCSA console and reboot the appliance. All is well after and upon first login to VCSA appliance interface I got the "Installation Succeeded" message indicating the upgrade was successful.

0 Kudos
JDMils_Interact
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have a few vCenters @ 6.7.0.48000 and they seem to all do the same thing. I have to wait around 5 minutes before I can logon as root. And I get the exact same issue as the OP when logging in using the DCUI.

Seems to be related to a particular service not having completed its startup, but I'm not sure which one yet, still looking.

0 Kudos