VMware Cloud Community
abhisheksha
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Unable to load the vSphere Web Client

Hi,

'm facing the very common error when navigating to the vSphere Web client -

503 Service Unavailable (Failed to connect to endpoint: [N7Vmacore4Http20NamedPipeServiceSpecE:0x7f0cb4715570] _serverNamespace = / _isRedirect = false _pipeName =/var/run/vmware/vpxd-webserver-pipe)

I've searched a lot and tried a variety of solutions but none of them are working.

The main issue is the Web Client service is stopped, and upon starting this manually, it stops again in a bit. I've restarted the appliance several times but it has not helped.

Running on VCSA 6.0 with external PSC.

Tags (1)
4 Replies
CraigV75
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

My apologies, removed the reply as it was for another post...

0 Kudos
rajen450m
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi Abhishek,

Please check the status of your vcenter services using cmd:

service-control --status --all

Try stopping all the vcenter services once and start again:

service-control --stop --all

service-control --start --all

Also, please check the ports are opened and DNS resolves your vcenter FQDN or update host entries.

If you are using proxy, add your vcenter IP/FQDN in the exception list.

Regards, Raj

Raj M Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue. Visit www.hypervmwarecloud.com for my blog posts, step-by-step procedures etc.,
0 Kudos
mprazeres183
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi abhisheksha

I also encountred this isse sometimes, this is what I normaly did:

Resolution

To resolve this issue: 

1. Verify that connectivity exists from the machine trying to access the vSphere Web Client to vCenter Server with telnet by running this command:

telnet vcenter_fqdn 9443

2. Ensure that vCenter Server services are running using this command (this can be ran on a Windows installation or Appliance):

service-control --status --all

Note: Before continuing, investigate if there are other services failing to start.

3. Restart the vSphere Web Client manually from services.msc and set it to Automatic (delayed start). If the issue persist go to next step.
  4. From vCenter Server, investigate the vsphere_client_virgo.log file located at:
    • Windows vCenter Server - C:\ProgamData\VMware\vCenterServer\logs\vsphere-client\logs\
    • vCenter Server Appliance - /var/log/vmware/vsphere-client/logs/

Also, look at the vpxd.log file located at:
      • Windows vCenter Server: C:\ProgramData\VMware\vCenterServer\logs\vmware-vpx
      • vCenter Server Appliance: /var/log/vmware/vpxd

However if that dosn't work, I would suggest you to do an update of the vCenter VCSA, That resolved my issues as the solution from vmware was not working with me.

Best regards, and luck.

Marco

Check my blog, and if my answere resolved the issue, please provide a feedback. Marco Frias - VMware is my World www.vmtn.blog
woftt069
Contributor
Contributor

I had an issue similar to this because I was using an old bookmark to connect to my vcenter. The bookmark had a whole lot of goobly gook after the URL, probably because I dragged and dropped it from the address bar and never edited it. The solution was simple. Remove all the goobly gook. So;

https://myvcenter.contoso.com/kljlsl&69/SDF&%%4/((023/&JDAD8&

became

https://myvcenter.contoso.com/

If you add the letter 'ui' after the slash, you won't be asked which client you want to use every time.  (https://myvcenter.contoso.com/ui)

Hope this helps someone out.

0 Kudos