VMware Cloud Community
sweehan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Unable to join domain Vcenter appliance 6. Please set DNS properly in the appliance

I've setup a new external psc and vcenter appliance for my host upgrade. The DNS have already configured with forward and reserve record. Both appliance point to ntp server and I've test ping and nslookup to the dns using fqdn and ip without issue.

When i want to perform join domain, It came out this error "Failed to join to active directory for local host. Please set DNS properly in the appliance".

I've double check the DNS in the External PSC and Vcenter. The dns is configured correctly.

I've retried few time and still the same error. Anyone encounter this before?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dmeyner22
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Are you under system configuration - Nodes - PSC - Settings and Active Directory?

So I had this same issue or at least I thought it was when I was on the phone with a support engineer.  So if you login as administrator@vsphere.local and go to Administration - Single Sign-On - Configuration and under Identity Sources you will connect to AD that way.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
dmeyner22
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Are you under system configuration - Nodes - PSC - Settings and Active Directory?

So I had this same issue or at least I thought it was when I was on the phone with a support engineer.  So if you login as administrator@vsphere.local and go to Administration - Single Sign-On - Configuration and under Identity Sources you will connect to AD that way.

0 Kudos
sweehan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I've able to join to domain. Apparently previously my teammate used the same PSC and Vcenter name in the POC testing. They didn't remove the old computer object in the AD. After removing the old computer object, PSC was able to join to domain.

Thanks dmeyner, I forgotten about able to join via identity source. Should have done it that way better.

0 Kudos