VMware Cloud Community
charlieppr7
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Unable to install Vmcenter on a Server 2012

After  I choose  add a Domain Controller to  an exsiting  Domain :smileyshocked:n My server 2012  .

Im not able to  install  VMcenter  Server

Please  advise  the steps  how   I will  be able  to  join the  server  to the  Domain

Because  as  a requirement  VMcenter  Server  Can not  be installed  on  a Domain Controller  thanks.IMG_20151009_220543061.jpg

11 Replies
npadmani
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

vCenter server cannot be installed on Domain controller itself.

Please prepare another machine with same server operating system, join it to Domain and install vCenter server there please.

Narendra Padmani VCIX6-DCV | VCIX7-CMA | VCI | TOGAF 9 Certified
0 Kudos
charlieppr7
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This  is  a fresh  Installed  With  server2012  still  on  a Workgroup  .

Only my  first  server 2012 that is  already  joined to the  Domain   and is my domain Controller.

0 Kudos
npadmani
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Please join this host to Domain controller,

also make sure that it's running with static IP and name resolutions is happening OK.

try to install vCenter server once again. see if this helps.

charlieppr7
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Ok  I will  try  this  Evening  thanks  for  your  Information  can we trade E-mails ? in case  I need  help  you can  help me  with Teamviewer

My Email  is charlieppr777@gmail.com 

Regards !!!

0 Kudos
charlieppr7
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank  you  very  much  I was able  to  resolved the  issue  and  I  reinstall  my Vmcenter on my  server  again !!!

0 Kudos
charlieppr7
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank  you  very  much  I was able  to  resolved the  issue  and  I  reinstall  my Vmcenter on my  server  again !!!

npadmani
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

very well done

0 Kudos
NavalgundRaj
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Charlie, No issues, as error says 1. we cannot install vcenter on the Domain controller and we have an option to by pass that error ( so we can install it. eventhoug it is not recommend on prod/enterprise level. Or 2. Option is better we have to install another windows server* and we can directly install on it as it is just member server it will not be DC is self. Please let me know you can perform this activity Regards Raj

Note: If you found this correct or answer useful please consider the use of the Correct buttons to award points. Regards Basavaraj.R Navalgund
0 Kudos
NavalgundRaj
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Charlie, Below is the way to install vcenter on the DC. VMware-viclient-all-5.5.0-1281650.exe /VSKIP_OS_CHECKS="1" Regards Raj

Note: If you found this correct or answer useful please consider the use of the Correct buttons to award points. Regards Basavaraj.R Navalgund
0 Kudos
NavalgundRaj
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

install vcenter on DC.png

0 Kudos
NavalgundRaj
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Charlie, Please let me know on the whatzup if you not able further. once you press that command and it will start installation and by avoiding the dc . Regards Raj

0 Kudos