VMware Cloud Community
sweehan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Unable to install HA agent, error cannot upload agent.

I have 3 host on Vcenter 5.5 Update 1. The first 2 host installed with ESXi 5.5 build update 1a and the last host installed with ESXi 5.5 update 2. The Cluster is has EVC enabled. I need to enable the HA for the cluster I have the error  Unable to install HA agent, error cannot upload agent on both host installed with ESXi5.5 update1a but the last host installed with ESXi 5.5 update 2 have no issue .

The first host have 2 VM as SQL Cluster that have share disk.

Then I disable the HA, there was an error stating error unconfiguring the vpshere HA on the host in the cluster. I attached the Event of the error on both enabling and disabling the HA.

I telnet port 902 on all the Host and the port are enabled.

Anyone encounter this issue before?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
sweehan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I shutdown the VM and rebooted the host. The configuration issues still remains. Then I disconnect and reconnect the host to the cluster. The configuration issues still showing error unconfiguring HA Agent.

0 Kudos
npadmani
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Is the connection speed from your VC Host to those two ESXi hosts good enough?

since upload is failing, it can happen if mgmt network speed between VC and host is bit too slow.

To check this, try to follow instructions given in following KB

VMware KB: vSphere HA (FDM) agent fails to install on an ESXi host when network traffic throughput b...

Narendra Padmani VCIX6-DCV | VCIX7-CMA | VCI | TOGAF 9 Certified
0 Kudos
sweehan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I've follow the step on the KB. The Upgrade file was successfully upload to the host.

0 Kudos