VMware Cloud Community
racom
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Unable to get the path for '/usr/lib/vmware-vapi/wrapper/bin/./wrapper'-No such file or directory

Hi,

we repeatedly get "The / filesystem is low on disk space or inodes" health messages on one of our vCenters 6.0.0.30200 Build Number 5326079. Following vCenter Appliance root Partition 100% full due to Audit.log files not being rotated (2149278) | VMwa... I removed the audit.log and other old log files but it helped only temporarily. Now I find /usr/lib/vmware-sca/wrapper/bin/wrapper.log file filled by "Unable to get the path for '/usr/lib/vmware-vapi/wrapper/bin/./wrapper'-No such file or directory" messages. But this file exists.

vm-vcenter2:~ # ls -la /usr/lib/vmware-vdcs/wrapper/bin/./wrapper

-r-xr----- 1 vdcs cis 460392 Feb 23  2017 /usr/lib/vmware-vdcs/wrapper/bin/./wrapper

Is it permission problem or something else is wrong? UID of /usr/lib/vmware-sca/wrapper/bin/wrapper process is 0 and all /usr/lib/vmware-vdcs/wrapper/bin/ path has 755 root:root permissions. The same problem is on other vCenter except free space on disk yet. Thanks for any idea.

vm-vcenter2:~ # ls -la /usr/lib/vmware-vdcs/wrapper/bin/./wrapper -r-xr----- 1 vdcs cis 460392 Feb 23  2017 /usr/lib/vmware-vdcs/wrapper/bin/./wrapper

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
racom
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Along to support it's "normal behaviour" 😞 No attention needn't to be pay to FATAL messages in /usr/lib/vmware-sca/wrapper/bin/wrapper.log.

It looks like wrapper.log files were moved from /usr/lib/ to /storage/log/ sometimes earlier but /usr/lib/vmware-sca/wrapper/bin/wrapper.log is still active for STDERR of vmware-sca. I set logrotate to prevent the file filling the filesystem.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
racom
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Along to support it's "normal behaviour" 😞 No attention needn't to be pay to FATAL messages in /usr/lib/vmware-sca/wrapper/bin/wrapper.log.

It looks like wrapper.log files were moved from /usr/lib/ to /storage/log/ sometimes earlier but /usr/lib/vmware-sca/wrapper/bin/wrapper.log is still active for STDERR of vmware-sca. I set logrotate to prevent the file filling the filesystem.

0 Kudos