VMware Cloud Community
FilipSmeets81
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to exit or enter maintenance mode

We recently upgraded from vCenter 6.7 with external PSC to vCenter 7 U1 (embedded PSC). There are 3 vCenters configured in linked mode.

Exit or entering maintenance mode does not work from vcenter but does work form the hosts directly.

I have added the output from the vpxd.log.

I restarted the mgmt agents on the host, restarted wpc on vcenter and even restarted vcenter completly and also the host but the problem remains.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Ank_S
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello Filip,

Can you share the wcpsvc.log from the vCenter after reproducing the issue.

0 Kudos
Vijay2027
Expert
Expert

When placing the hosts in MM do you see the following error in wcpsvc.log:

"Error occured looking for solution user :: More than one solution user found :: More than one solution user found"

Please run the following command on all vCenter servers in SSO domain and share output:

/usr/lib/vmware-vmafd/bin/vecs-cli entry list --store wcp --text | grep -i "Subject:"

0 Kudos
FilipSmeets81
Contributor
Contributor

We managed to solve the issue with support. The problem was indeed caused by the Solution User certificate which was using the wrong common name. We ran certificate manager with option 6 to replace the certificate which fixed the issue.

Thanks for reaching out!

0 Kudos
Vijay2027
Expert
Expert

So the issue is with duplicate "Subject" details for wcp solution user certificates in linked mode. I think this is fixed in new latest version of 7.0

0 Kudos