VMware Cloud Community
DreamlessMojo
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to edit an existing connection for AD over OLDAP Identity source with SSL protection enabled in vCenter Server 6.5

My issue is I am no longer able to authenticate with vSphere using my OLDAP connection using FreeIPA. I upgraded to VSCA 6.5 6 months ago from 6.0 and have not experienced this problem before. I can only login using the vsphere.local domain using the standard administrator account.

Here is my environment set up.

vCenter Server ApplianceVCSA 6.5.0.1000

ESXi Hosts are 6.0

All hosts are running CentOS 7.3

ODLAP Source is FreeIPA running 4.4.0 API_VERSION:2.2.13

I am using FreeIPA as my IDM solution to connect to my vSphere env and have been doing so successfully for the past year.

Here is a good start to my issue except I am not trying to add a new LDAP connection I am trying to troubleshoot an existing connection. I believe I started to run into this issue when I changed passwords to all hosts, servers, esxi hosts, and ILOs when we had an employee leave which is pretty standard across the industry. I am not sure if this coincidental or directly correlated

VMware Knowledge Base

Message was edited by: Issac Winters

0 Kudos
1 Reply
mhampto
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Was the user used for OLDAP updated as well?  Would you be able to remove and re-add the Identity source?

0 Kudos