VMware Cloud Community
indianavenger
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to connect to the MKS:Login (username/password) incorrect

So i have this annoying issue that i can't figure out what the cause is or how to fix permanently.  I have a vcenter lab environment running on vmware workstation.  i try to login to my vm through the vm console and receive an error that says, " Unable to connect to the MKS:Login (username/password) incorrect"  The firewall is off so thats not causing it.  I was able to get it to work one time under the administrator@vsphere.local account but that was it.  does anyone know what the cause of this error message is, and how to fix it.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
UmeshAhuja
Commander
Commander

Hi,

Check config.ini under: C:\ProgramData\VMware\VMware Workstation

Change the authd client port number from 903 to 902. --> e.g. authd.client.port = "902"

Then reboot machines and have a try.

Thanks n Regards
Umesh Ahuja

If your query resolved then please consider awarding points by correct or helpful marking.
0 Kudos
indianavenger
Contributor
Contributor

it's already 902..do you have any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
indianavenger
Contributor
Contributor

Do you have any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
UmeshAhuja
Commander
Commander

Hi,

Which VMware version you are using ?

Thanks n Regards
Umesh Ahuja

If your query resolved then please consider awarding points by correct or helpful marking.
0 Kudos
extrasensory
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here, latest VMWare Workstation on two PCs on same uncomplicated network.
Changed port 443 to 500 and "903" was already "902".
It used to work but I can not get hold of the machine any longer, not even from the machine
the VM is hosted out of.

K

0 Kudos
extrasensory
Contributor
Contributor

Ah... a restart of the VMWare Auth service did the trick. Now I can connect to the

server 10.0.0.6:500 and access the machine.

K

0 Kudos