VMware Cloud Community
Lehani
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Unable to connect to the MKS: Host address lookup for server esx02.mgmt.domainname.dk failed: unknown error 11002 (0x2afa)

i get the following error when I log onto my Vcenter through Vsphere and try to connect one of my server with the console:

unable to connect to the MKS: Host address lookup for server esx02.mgmt.domainname.dk failed: unknown error 11002 (0x2afa)

I am new to WMware, I can fine make a MSTSC to the server, and work proberly.

the VMwareTools are out of date, when I log on the server and try to update it I get the following message:

vmware tools error.jpg

any ideas here?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lehani
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

i found out it is related to DNS

WSATRY_AGAIN

11002 (0x2afa)

thsi is usually a tempory error during hostname resolution and means that the local server did not receivea response from an authoritative server.

the issue was that the VMware system was on another subnet, and the firewall ( TMG ) was blocking. making RDP to the Vcenter server and then open vsphere works like a charm

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Lehani
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

i get the same error for my esx04.mmgt.domainname.dk

and I get the same error for all my servers no matter which ESX server they runs on.

say if you need any information Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Lehani
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

i found out it is related to DNS

WSATRY_AGAIN

11002 (0x2afa)

thsi is usually a tempory error during hostname resolution and means that the local server did not receivea response from an authoritative server.

the issue was that the VMware system was on another subnet, and the firewall ( TMG ) was blocking. making RDP to the Vcenter server and then open vsphere works like a charm

0 Kudos