VMware Cloud Community
MuayThai88
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Unable to add vCenter instance into vRealize Orchestrator

I am trying to add the vCenter instance into vRealize Orchestrator but I am not seeing any of the vCenter inventory. I was able to add the vCenter instance into vRealize Orchestrator but it also shows the following error:

pastedImage_0.png

Please advise.

19 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

You probably used the wrong inputs when running the Add a vCenter workflow. Show screenshots of that process by rerunning the token of this last run.

0 Kudos
MuayThai88
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Here are the inputs I used:

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos
MuayThai88
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Also the "Location of the SDK" section I tried putting https://vcsa.mydomain.local/SDK and that did not work either.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Second screenshot, select "No" for a per-user session if this is going to be a service account talking to vCenter. This will enable a single session regardless of the user logged in. Re-run the workflow with this option and see if the inventory item displays data.

0 Kudos
MuayThai88
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

So remove the bad instance from vRealize Orchestrator, I should click on the following workflow correct? This workflow won't delete vCenter itself right?

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Use the Update a vCenter Server instance workflow.

0 Kudos
MuayThai88
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I changed the option in the second screen shot to no for shared session and it still gives me the initial error in the first post.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Try to remove and re-add. What version of vRO and vCenter?

0 Kudos
MuayThai88
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I tried removing and re-adding earlier and still got that error.

vCenter Version: 6.5.0.10000 Build: 5973321

vRealize Orchestrator Version: 7.3.0.5481809 Build: 5481809

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

You must have something wrong with your auth. Check Control Center. Validate config. Is it all green? Show how your vRA auth is configured within CC.

0 Kudos
MuayThai88
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yea it's all green.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Can you show your vRA auth config?

0 Kudos
MuayThai88
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

And you're using the default tenant and not a user-defined tenant?

0 Kudos
MuayThai88
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I am using the default tenant vsphere.local

0 Kudos
MuayThai88
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Not sure what took it so long, maybe it just took a while to collect all the data because I randomly checked it again and all of a sudden it is now working. We do have a pretty big vCenter environment so it makes sense I guess. Thanks for your help anyways.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

FYI, vRO 7.3.1 was released last week (along with vRA 7.3.1), so you may want to update to this patch release as it has some fixes and rolls up the most current plug-ins (including that of vCenter).

0 Kudos
hussainbte
Expert
Expert

Shouldn't the Authentication Mode be vSphere instead of vRealize Automation?

If you found my answers useful please consider marking them as Correct OR Helpful Regards, Hussain https://virtualcubes.wordpress.com/
0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Not if this is in use for vRA.