VMware Cloud Community
KevinSampson
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Unable to add existing Virtual Switch to New Host VMWare 5.1

As the title says, I'm unable to add already existing virtual switch to a newly added VM host. When I go to the host in the V-Center and then Configuration --> Networking --> Add Networking only one of the two virtual switches is there and that one is already added. What am I missing here?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KevinSampson
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I was trying to beat my head against a brick wall apparently. I have three VMHosts. Removed one. Repaired it. The hardware changes caused the OS to take a crap, so I completely reinstalled ESXi OS. Was re-adding it to the cluster. Didn't realize that the iSCSI virtual switches on the other two hosts weren't shared switches. Kinda threw me because they're 128 port virtual switches. Probably just me thinking like a Network admin. Anyways, created the new switch, now I'm good.

Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
msripada
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Are you trying to add VM to a virtual switch or is it just showing only vswitch?

I am still not clear on the question. can you share some screenshots.

thanks,

MS

0 Kudos
KevinSampson
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I was trying to beat my head against a brick wall apparently. I have three VMHosts. Removed one. Repaired it. The hardware changes caused the OS to take a crap, so I completely reinstalled ESXi OS. Was re-adding it to the cluster. Didn't realize that the iSCSI virtual switches on the other two hosts weren't shared switches. Kinda threw me because they're 128 port virtual switches. Probably just me thinking like a Network admin. Anyways, created the new switch, now I'm good.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos