VMware Cloud Community
BoxiCredy
Contributor
Contributor

Trouble with logging to vCenter Server Appliance using web client or PowerCLI

Hi to everyone. My colleagues from system department have deployed vCenter Server Appliance 5.5 instead of previously used standard vCenter Server 5.5 (Windows installation). Now I can log in to vCenter Server using vSphere Client but not with Web Client - I always run into error Provided Credentials are not valid.

Also Connect-VIServer fails with error Cannot complete login due to an incorrent user name or password. What is wrong here and how to solve this?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
LokeshHK
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Not sure what exactly the issue here but there is KB which deals with similar issue please refer.

https://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=20587...

Regards

Lokesh

0 Kudos
BoxiCredy
Contributor
Contributor

I am able to log in to vCenter Server using my domain account but through vSphere Client only - web client and PowerCLI are problematic.

0 Kudos
LokeshHK
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Login using administrator@vsphere.local account is working through Web-client?

0 Kudos
BoxiCredy
Contributor
Contributor

I am waiting for an answer which password was used for administrator@vsphere.local account ...

0 Kudos
BoxiCredy
Contributor
Contributor

I have password for root account thereby I could reset password for administrator@vsphere.local but that would be last resort. Is there a way of finding out password by decrypting it?

0 Kudos
BoxiCredy
Contributor
Contributor

They unjoined esxi hosts from domain and now rejoining does not work - SMBv1 protocol is disabled thereby joining esxi hosts to domain is now new issue. I have been told to use local account - luckily I know password for root account which can log in to vCSA both via web client and PowerCLI. How domain joining of esxi hosts worked before and AD authentication worked using vSphere Client is a mystery.

0 Kudos