VMware Cloud Community
lancaster411
Contributor
Contributor

Transition vcenter standalone or isolated environment to Linked Mode

I have a client already implemented with 4 Vcenter version 7.0.3 but they are not in Linked mode. They are currently configured as isolated or standalone with the following config: Identity Source:Domain ldap://mydomain.com and ldap://dc.mydomain.com:3268 type: active directory and SSO on Vcenter Appliance: vsphere.local

What recommendation would you give me to be able to go from a isolated or standalone environment to a linked mode with the same domain SSO? If you can give me any ideas or tips, I would be grateful.

Thanks you.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DhirajChopra
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

its all depend on requirements as its have its own benefits and drawbacks.  recommended to  use simple solution as much as possible. its help you to troubleshoot easy and less efforts while any activity you want to perform like upgrade etc. still its subject to client requirement.

please mark as solution  or kudo if agree.

0 Kudos
lancaster411
Contributor
Contributor

In my opinion, I think I have to deploy 3 vcenters again, leaving one as SSO standalone, and that the 3 newly redeployed vcenters point to a domain SSO domain ID, and finally the 4 Vcenters can be in a single Linked Mode Group. I will have to redeploy 3 vcenter I think, right?

Thanks you.

0 Kudos