VMware Cloud Community
Delphino77
Contributor
Contributor

The vcenter displays busy rdm disks

Hi everyone, it's the first time I write in this community. I am writing to ask for information on a strange visualization that I receive in two different vCenter 6.5.

In short I have two vCenters, one VC 6.5 10964411 and the other VC 6.5 8024368 which display RDM disks both available and occupied by VMs.

Do you have any advice or information that can help me solve this abnormal view? Thanks a lot for your collaboration.

Simone

0 Kudos
6 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Screenshots would really help others to be able to help you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Delphino77
Contributor
Contributor

scott28tt thanks for the advice. As seen from the image, the vCenter displays me busy disk RDM when I expect to see only the free ones.

RDM_M.png

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

What is that display from or of? What are you trying to do?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
Delphino77
Contributor
Contributor

The image shows the RDM disks that I can hook to a VM but in practice they are not available as they are already associated with other VMs. This is my problem, the incorrect display of RDM disks already associated with other VMs.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Are they already associated with VMs being managed by THAT vCenter Server?

0 Kudos
Delphino77
Contributor
Contributor

Exact. This is my problem

0 Kudos