VMware Cloud Community
AHL1988
Contributor
Contributor

The installer is unable to connect to the vCenter Appliance Management Interface.

Hi evryone

i want to install Vcenter Aplliance 6.7 but i have an error in the stage 2. you can found the screenshoot in attachements.

Best regards.

13 Replies
Vijay2027
Expert
Expert

Were you able to ping vCSA IP from the windows box??

0 Kudos
AHL1988
Contributor
Contributor

Yes i can ping my windows AD and my esxi

0 Kudos
birend1988
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

is your VC and ESXi host is in same VLAN?

Check vSwitch configuration on ESXi host on which you have deployed the VC.

VCIX, NCAP
0 Kudos
AHL1988
Contributor
Contributor

i dont have vlan i am in lab environnement

0 Kudos
birend1988
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Can you share the vSwitch screen shot here..

VCIX, NCAP
0 Kudos
AHL1988
Contributor
Contributor

there are my Vswitch screen shot. thanks

0 Kudos
NathanosBlightc
Commander
Commander

What's the result of opening the URL page: https://vcsa:5480 after successful deployment (phase1)?

And please check the Time Settings of ESXi, Deployed VCSA and your client. They must be same to work correctly

Also, check the browser and system proxy settings...

Please mark my comment as the Correct Answer if this solution resolved your problem
0 Kudos
birend1988
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

NSLOOKUP your VC ip and name. Check if reverse lookup is configured.

VCIX, NCAP
0 Kudos
sushilkm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Please assign a VLAN on your VM network port group or MGMT port group and initiaite a fresh install from within same VLAN / IP range. I had exact same issue and that was how maanged to resolve it . Moreover your mgmt and VM traffic is untagged which could be confusing the incoming installer to fail.

I am assuming that your DNS / NTP / Authentication and pre- requesites are met and working fine. Hosts file do not work incase you are relying on them . Specially post inital setup where it works fine but get troublesome at second stage.

0 Kudos
AHL1988
Contributor
Contributor

hi evryone , i installed vcenter on Windows and i found it's beter and easy thanks.

best regards.

0 Kudos
birend1988
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

That's a good news. but Widows VC is a deprecate one and there will be not further windows vCenter release.

VCIX, NCAP
sk591
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

Please refer: Migrating vCenter Server for Windows to vCenter Server Appliance  (6.5) and Migrating vCenter Server for Windows to vCenter Server Appliance (6.7) as you would need this at some point in the future.

云上的人
Contributor
Contributor

我按照你的回答,已经成功解决了问题。谢谢!

0 Kudos