VMware Cloud Community
ShekarTK
Contributor
Contributor

Sysprep not working when cloning a 2003 server VM in vCenter 5.0

Hi,

We have small vSphere 5.0 setup with around 20 esxi 5.0 hosts managed by single vCenter which is running on 2008 server.

I,m planning to clone some of the VMs running 2003 SP2 32 bit servers. I have downloaded sysprep on vCenter & placed the extracted deploy.cab files (sysprep file v 5.2.3790.3959) under the path  C:\ProgramData\vmware\VMware VirtualCenter\sysprep\svr2003 .Whenever i clone & power ON the  VM, the sysprep never runs & the SID of the cloned VM doesnot change at all.

Not sure where am i going wrong. Help is much appreciated.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Can you tell me what options are you using in the Sysprep?

Thanks,

Rohan Raj

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Please use /generalize option

0 Kudos
ShekarTK
Contributor
Contributor

I have selected Use minisetup (selected by default) & clicked on reseal option.

0 Kudos
leonhardtla
Expert
Expert

In customizing the guest have to select the option to "customize using the customization wizard"

----- Leandro Ariel Leonhardt: Virtualized System Architect at GrupoSothis.com. VSAN vExpert 2016, vExpert 2017/16/15/14/13, VMware Certified Instructor, VCAP5-DCA, VCP6/5-DCV, VCA-DCV, Nutanix NPP/NSEN & Nutanix Technology Champions (NTC). | Founder of BlogVMware Blog: https://www.blogvmware.com & Nutanix Course http://vExpert.me/Z0 Si encuentras que esta o cualquier otra respuesta fue de utilidad, por favor da el voto. Gracias. If you find this or any other answer useful, please consider awarding points. Thank you.
0 Kudos
ShekarTK
Contributor
Contributor

Using /generalise switch while running sysprep also did not help.

0 Kudos
ShekarTK
Contributor
Contributor

I did select "Customize using the cutomization wizard" while clong a VM. i also enabled the option to create a new SID during customization.Even then the sysprem does not run whe  the cloned VM is Powered ON.

0 Kudos