VMware Cloud Community
pamiller3
Contributor
Contributor

Syncing vCenter Inventories

I am looking for a solution on syncing two vCenter Inventories.  I have looked at Linked mode, but it seems to only sync some things (not inventories) and reduce the ability to configure VMs.  I also looked at Heartbeat server, but it is not clear if it will sync the inventories only that it will switch the active node if the current node goes down.  But if the passive node does not have a full inventory this would do me no good.

Any Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
SantoshKumar36
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vCenter heartbeat is the best solution, it sync betweens the active VM and passive VM very often, you can set the time too I guess, I am not sure, haven't tried this option... but incase of active node failure, the passive will have the exact replica of the drives which have you have selected to sync, if for example, in the same vcenter server (if DB is there and configure in one particular drive) cab be sync'd irrespective of the data present in the drive.So obiviously the database will also have the same copy,

If in case of DB is in different servers connected via ODBC(DSN) , can be sync'd the OS drive, will have the connection automatically pointed from passive node too(where it as now turned active node now and active which was running will be passive)

Santosh K | If my answer resolved or helped you, please mark it as Correct or Helpful to award points.
0 Kudos