VMware Cloud Community
regnak2012
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Strange vCenter 6.5 HTML 5 issue - VM changes not applied

Hi,

I'm trying to make changes to a VM (adding a disk for example) through the HTML 5 client and it doesn't take effect. Anyone encountered this? Using IE or Chrome. I'm on the latest vCenter build for 6.5. Want to avoid using flash....

Thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Try the fling version to see if it's any better.

0 Kudos
SupreetK
Commander
Commander

When you add the disk and click ok, do you see the reconfigure virtual machine task in the recent tasks and events bar at the bottom or even under VM tasks and events for that matter?

Cheers,

Supreet

0 Kudos
regnak2012
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

No, no sign of those events. Just accepts the Ok but nothing happens. Works fine through flash...

0 Kudos
SupreetK
Commander
Commander

Have you already tried restarting the HTML client service? The service name is vsphere-ui.

Cheers,

Supreet

0 Kudos
regnak2012
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I was hoping someone had seen this before and had a fix but doesn't appear so! I'll suggest rebooting vCenter to the admin.....Thanks.

0 Kudos
SupreetK
Commander
Commander

Instead of rebooting the vCenter, just start with restating the HTML client service. Since it is working fine with the flash client, this should be something specific to the HTML client.

Cheers,

Supreet

0 Kudos
adgate
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Check the HTML 5 plugin version. I believe you should update yours to the latest build. Here is the link - vSphere HTML5 Web Client

0 Kudos