VMware Cloud Community
GFITAdmin
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Strange admin password issue

Recently updated vCenter from 5.5 to 6.0, and in the process of upgrading to 6.5.  Following the instructions, I copied the "migration-assistant" folder to vUpdateManager server (Windows 2012), but when I entered the administrator@vspher.local to run the "VMWare-Migration-Assistant.exe" from a elevated CMD, it keeps giving me the following error

"Check that VMWare vCenter Server at 'vcenter.domain.com' is up and running, and that the entered credentials are valid"

I tested the same login and PW on https://vcenter.domain.com and it works.

Thoughts?  Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mattallford
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Has your VUM server got access to the vCenter Server (Can you try logging in from there or testing port connectivity)? Is the VUM plugin working OK?

Also, be aware of the following KB article. On the last migration I did from 5.5 to 6.5, I externalised VUM and then had to go ahead and remove VUM anyway due to this issue - Upgrading vCSA 6.5 fails with error: Error attempting Vcintegrity Export file does not exist or is c...

Cheers, Matt.

VCP6-DCV | VCAP6-DCV Deploy @mattallford If you found my answers useful, please help me by marking them as Helpful or Correct!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Mattallford
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Has your VUM server got access to the vCenter Server (Can you try logging in from there or testing port connectivity)? Is the VUM plugin working OK?

Also, be aware of the following KB article. On the last migration I did from 5.5 to 6.5, I externalised VUM and then had to go ahead and remove VUM anyway due to this issue - Upgrading vCSA 6.5 fails with error: Error attempting Vcintegrity Export file does not exist or is c...

Cheers, Matt.

VCP6-DCV | VCAP6-DCV Deploy @mattallford If you found my answers useful, please help me by marking them as Helpful or Correct!
0 Kudos
GFITAdmin
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

That was it!!  Once I got the VUM plugin working correctly, and passed the password issues.  Thanks for your help Mattallford​!!