VMware Cloud Community
Zade
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Specification Customization Manager with Windows 2012 R2

I'm having some issues with this, I've setup the customization I want with "virtual machine name" being the guest host name, and added in the credentials to add the machine to the domain, but after deploying from template, selecting the use customization and my 2012 customization what happens is the machine boots - reboots, comes back with the correct host name but doesnt bring the machine onto the domain, instead its still on "Workgroup".

If I then manually add the machine to the domain with the same credentials as supplied in the vmware customization manager the machine goes onto the domain, would be nice to have this as an automatic process though, has anyone encoutered similiar issues?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Zade
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

bump is anyone using customization specification with windows 2012 R2?

0 Kudos
SteveGalbincea
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I am trying to, but it is not working for me. Machine reboots once but does not get proper name, IP, anything. 2012R2 is definitely on the compatibility matrix, so I am not exactly sure what the problem is yet.

0 Kudos
SteveGalbincea
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

UPDATE: I created a brand new VM Template from scratch and edited the customization profile and it seems to be working now. I am using the vCSA 5.5u1b vCenter Server Appliance as well by the way.

Zade
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I was on the phone for almost a day on Friday and have ended up giving up with it and just sysprepping the template we will be deploying from, have all sorts of problems with the administrator password after the customization had run through on the machine, could login before the reboot with the correct password (I'd also set this password on the customization template, but after it runs - incorrect password.

0 Kudos