VMware Cloud Community
PaulDanielNZ
Contributor
Contributor

Some Windows server 2022 vms show network unplugged. May be associated with DRS migrations.

Windows server 2022 vm shows network unplugged. Possibly occurring after DRS initiated migrations between hosts. Interface shows as connected in vcenter. In Vcenter, unticking "connected", saving, and then ticking and saving results in an error. Steps to resolve state are either replace the vNIC or switch from distributed switch port to "vmnetwork" and back again.   I'm looking a for a cause.   We had similar issues only with one host about 4 months ago which appeared resolved by ESXi updates.   We are on 7.0.3 most recent release and use distributed switching and NSX-T distributed firewall.  Distributed switches are still v7.0.0.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Sachchidanand
Expert
Expert

Please go through the link and see vDS version compatibility and upgrade guide:

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/7.0/com.vmware.vsphere.networking.doc/GUID-330A0689-574A-4...

Regards,

Sachchidanand

0 Kudos
maksym007
Expert
Expert

What about hardware compatibility version and vmware tools versions? 

0 Kudos
PaulDanielNZ
Contributor
Contributor

I have now upgraded distributed switches to 7.0.3 as this is a quick no outage update.  As the issue is periodic, I can't be sure if this has solved the problem.

0 Kudos
PaulDanielNZ
Contributor
Contributor

Hardware compatibility and VMWare tools are a mixed bag currently.  VMWare support identified this when I logged a support ticket and recommended update where possible.

0 Kudos