VMware Cloud Community
anthony747
Contributor
Contributor

Slow web client with vcenter 6.7

Trying out vcenter 6.7, but it's extremely slow compared to the thick client.  I have tried different browsers and some of the tweaks on the web, but haven't found the right one yet.  The console is especially slow taking several minutes to load.  Is there a working solution?  This is a no go right now on 6.7.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
rajen450m
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi anthony747

Please find the below link for Performance Best Practices for VMware vSphere 6.7, You can find vSphere Management topics in page60, try to refer this best practices and take appropriate action after reviewing the configuration options.

https://www.vmware.com/content/dam/digitalmarketing/vmware/en/pdf/techpaper/performance/vsphere-esxi...

Raj M Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue. Visit www.hypervmwarecloud.com for my blog posts, step-by-step procedures etc.,
0 Kudos
A13x
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

anthony747​ is v6.7 the first you have tried since the thick client? Are you using the HTML or the flash web client

0 Kudos
anthony747
Contributor
Contributor

No, we tried some others and gave up hoping 6.7 would be better.  We have tried both flavors.

0 Kudos
msripada
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

is it happening only with AD accounts or even with sso credentials?

Can you brief more on exactly when you observe the slowness, it is when logging in or is it during performing activities?

Thanks,

MS

0 Kudos
A13x
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Do you have any third party plugins? The HTML5 version for us is rapid and we have thousands of vms etc. The Flash client is slow but still usable.

0 Kudos
windogwow2017
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue here, I found funny people just send you a link with massive configuration document linked to it.

ESXi host vSphere Web Client works perfectly without any drama, vCenter Web Client is too slow to load.

this is not related to VM resources allocation as all of my vCenter's ones are under 10%.

nothing to do with the browser/OS either, I tried on both windows / MAC and FF/IE/Chrome/Safari.

System issue with flash/HTML5 of vCenter tool. doesn't seem like VMware is fixing this.

Also 6.7 removed the data protection, but when you purchase the license, it is saying included.......... how ?

0 Kudos