VMware Cloud Community
Novox
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Skyline Health Checks Fail After Upgrade to vCenter 7.0.3.00500 19480866

Ever since I upgraded my VCSA to 7.0.3.00500 Build: 19480866 I have been unable to get Skyline Health tests to run.

The error is, "Unable to query vSphere health information. Check vSphere Client logs for details."

Novox_0-1649353400899.png

Prior to the VCSA upgrade, I had no issues with Skyline Health.

Thank you!

11 Replies
pmichelli
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I can confirm the same .

We have 2 vCenter  .One is 7.0.3.00500 and cannot run Skyline Health anymore

The other is 7.0.2 and is working just fine

0 Kudos
MarcoLITP
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have the same issue, after upgrading from 7.0.2.00500 to 7.0.3.00500.

This is what I found at the end of /storage/log/vmware/vsphere-ui/vsphere_client_virgo.log:

[ERROR] http-nio-5090-exec-5
com.vmware.vsan.client.services.ProxygenController
(b8cc6080eb36) Service method encountered an error caused by:
`Cannot retrieve the health service instance.`com.vmware.vsan.client.services.VsanUiLocalizableException: null
	at com.vmware.vsphere.client.vsan.health.VsanHealthPropertyProvider.getVcHealthHealthSummary(VsanHealthPropertyProvider.java:160)

Followed by hundreds of lines of debug. We aren't using vSAN.

The only thing I could find that was suspicious is that whenever I try to restart the VMware Analytics Service, I get an error immediately stating "Unable to execute request. Check internet connection and server status. Digging into this I found the following in the /storage/log/vmware/analytics/analytics.log:

pool-10-thread-304  WARN  vmware.ph.upload.rest.PhRestClientImpl
Failed to execute request: https://vcsa.vmware.com:443/ph/api/v1/manifest?collectorId=vsphere.gcm.1_0_0&instanceId=OMITTED&v=3.0.535764 
pool-10-thread-304  WARN  vmware.ph.upload.rest.ProxyAwareHttpExecutor
Failed 3 of 3 attempts to get manifest from VMware server. The reason for the last failure was (enable 'debug' level logging to see the error of every failed attempt): com.vmware.ph.exceptions.resource.ResourceNotFoundException: Request failed: 404 Not Found; Reason: 
-------->{"timestamp":1649409091935,"status":404,"error":"Not Found","message":"A manifest could not be found. Contact the PH team to create a manifest.","path":"/api/v1/manifest"}. 

When I visit the link (I omitted the ID) in a browser on any machine, it gives me a page with the exact same info.

0 Kudos
Novox
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Does VMWare monitor these forums?  With three people reporting in the past day, I have to assume there are many more who are having the issue but haven't posted here.

I also see:

{"timestamp":1649421572103,"status":404,"error":"Not Found","message":"A manifest could not be found. Contact the PH team to create a manifest.","path":"/api/v1/manifest"}

When I browse to: 

https://vcsa.vmware.com:443/ph/api/v1/manifest?collectorId=vsphere.gcm.1_0_0&instanceId=anything&v=3...

Has VMWare removed the Skyline Health feature?!

0 Kudos
Novox
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

0 Kudos
pmichelli
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

VMware has really gone downhill in the past 18 months.  I had to create a test vCenter for reasons like this.  It seems every release something new breaks.  Look at the disaster with 7.03a and b that were pulled.

I won't put any new patches or versions into production until I test it and make sure no threads are popping up here. 

The SD card fiasco was the last straw for me. I was replacing SD cards every week until we managed to find BOSS card

0 Kudos
Novox
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Don't get me started on SD cards...

0 Kudos
gvysk
Contributor
Contributor

Ditto, I had to switch to BOSS also.

0 Kudos
GodfatherX64
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

same

0 Kudos
fshinnickct
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same issue, worked with VMware support to resolve and they confirmed 2 days ago that it is a known issue with this patch release.  SR 22318396704

MarcoLITP
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Could you elaborate what was needed to fix it ?

0 Kudos
gvysk
Contributor
Contributor

Don't believe there is a fix yet. I think they just acknowledged it was a bug.

0 Kudos