VMware Cloud Community
amitb79
Contributor
Contributor

Situation related to vCenter in Linked mode

Situation related to vCenter in Linked mode. Few weeks back we upgraded the vCenter from 5.0 to 5.5

have 3 v Centers in linked mode like A, B & C now the issue is When i am logging from A and B i am unable to see C, but when i am logging from C i am able to connect all  A, B & C. So can you please suggest what all need to check to confirm we have some issues with linked mode and what all need to do to fix that Issue.

Thanks .

0 Kudos
4 Replies
raog
Expert
Expert

I am assuming you followed the practice of unlinking the VCs before upgrade, upgrading and then putting them back into linked mode.

Can you just remove C from the linked mode and then try adding it again?

Regards

Girish

To Virtualization and beyond! PS::If you felt the answer as helpful, please mark it as helpful/answered so that it helps other users as well! Blog:: www.virtualtipsntricks.com
0 Kudos
GaneshNetworks

Hi,

Its a very common issue in linked mode. But there is no specific fix to resolve the issue. I request you to go through the steps mentioned here:  VMware KB: Troubleshooting vCenter Server Linked Mode

~GaneshNetworks™~ If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".
0 Kudos
amitb79
Contributor
Contributor

Hello and thanks for reply .. yes i followed the best practice only before upgrading but we had some issues where i need to remove the stale CN record from the ADAM DB. i don;t know if i have the issue with that. But i checked with VMware engineer on this so it confirmed that removed the stale record is not going to affect anything but still if you have any clear picture on that. below was the error i faced and KB i followed..

'win32vpxLdap_win32'] [LDAP Client] Failed to add LDAP entry cn=xxxxx-0E100-xxxxx-0V3HK-9XGQ0,ou=Licenses,ou=Licensing,dc=virtualcenter,dc=vmware,dc=int: 0x68 (The object already exists.)

error 'win32vpxLdap_win32'] [LDAP Client] Failed to add LDAP entry CN=P2196506-FB1A-4A78-AD0D-811CE5F8D0F5,OU=ComponentSpecs,OU=Health,dc=virtualcenter,dc=vmware,dc=int: 0x68 (The object already exists.)

error 'win32vpxLdap_win32'] [LDAP Client] Failed to add LDAP entry CN=P2196506-FB1A-4A78-AD0D-871CE5F8D0F5.vpxd,CN=P2196506-FB1A-4A78-AD0D-871CE5F8D0F5,OU=ComponentSpecs,OU=Health,dc=virtualcenter,dc=vmware,dc=int: 0x68 (The object already exists.)

VMware KB: VMware vCenter Server 5.x fails to start with the error: Failed to add LDAP entry

Thanks

0 Kudos
amitb79
Contributor
Contributor

Any expert comments on this ?

0 Kudos