VMware Cloud Community
Zade
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Single Sign On Questions for one pane of glass (Test/Live environments)

I our business we currently have two vCenter servers, test and live environments, I recently upgraded our test environment to Windows 2012 R2, which was a new machine that was configured with the same IP and Host name. I didnt backup SSO, I reinstalled SSO along with other components with the vSphere 5.5 install in custom mode, installing each of the components separately. I then pointed the vCenter installation at the database and all was fine, everything is present that should be on the test environment and all uses can login as normal.

One thing I did notice is that our test environment has now disappeared from our "one pane of glass vSphere environment", we now have to connect to the test server and live server to see each of the environments, I think previously we must have had a shared SSO? and been using linked mode? I am scheduled in to upgrade the Live environment, I was wondering what would be the best way of setting up this shared SSO? Should I bother backing up the Live SSO before upgrading? Or could I just do what I have done with test environment and install it as new pointing back at the Live database?

Also when upgrading the LIVE environment to Windows 2012 R2, could I select the below and point it at the test SSO to link the two? What is the best way to go about setting this up?

SSO.JPG

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Zade
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

can anyone help?

0 Kudos