VMware Cloud Community
WinstonWolf1
Contributor
Contributor

Since Upgrade to Vcenter 7.0 U3 no Option to Show / Hide Columns in the VM Overview ?!?

Hi , 

Is this an Bug from Vcenter U3 that we are not able to Show or Hide Columns in the Vcenter VM Overview ?!? 

With Version 7.0 U2 it was possible . 

Thanks 

Michael 

Labels (1)
  • i

0 Kudos
17 Replies
TasSM
Contributor
Contributor

@WinstonWolf1, in the bottom right of the VMs tab there is EXPORT button and right next to it, there should be another button to Pick columns.

Best regards,
T

WinstonWolf1
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks , 

Works perfekt 🙂

0 Kudos
g0dMAn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks to this thread, I didn't have to smash another keyboard 😄

I too couldn't find it. 

0 Kudos
websterd131
Contributor
Contributor

How about to Export?  After upgrade, when you choose export, you no longer get to choose the columns, it just does them all...

Thanks.

0 Kudos
ArulVaaku
Contributor
Contributor

Show/hide columns is the icon near the Export hyperlink, see the screenshot  below:

vSphere version 7.0 show/hide columnsvSphere version 7.0 show/hide columns

websterd131
Contributor
Contributor

That only works for the current view, not the export.  I guess they removed that functionality.

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos
ArulVaaku
Contributor
Contributor

Should be a programming bug since they documented that by selecting all/some from the list will export only the selected rows and columns, otherwise by default export everything.

tempsnip.jpg

0 Kudos
websterd131
Contributor
Contributor

Must be a bug, I deselected all except name, then export, and got all the columns...

websterd131_0-1645840424569.png

websterd131_1-1645840438951.png

0 Kudos
mike-p
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The option to move or change the sequence of the columns by dragging does not work anymore.

jayf628
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for this tip.  This is an example of something that wasn't broke, so it didn't need fixing.  The current solution is less intuitive than what we had before.  The icon to pick columns, the way it is situated right next to the Export text, just looks like an icon for the Export text.

GHNTNetwork
Contributor
Contributor

Wow, thanks for that post. You just made this office very happy. Fancy hiding this feature in a button labelled 'EXPORT'?!

0 Kudos
bryanvaneeden
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Honestly some parts of the new UI are just mind boggling... I did find that finally the task panel works as it should without me scrolling or getting furious all the time if it's busy on the vCenter.

Visit my blog at https://vcloudvision.com!
0 Kudos
SCliffordBI
Contributor
Contributor

We are not able to change the column order since we upgraded to 7.0U3e...  Anyone figure out how to change the order yet?

0 Kudos
websterd131
Contributor
Contributor

My issue is now fixed.  After setting the columns I want to see, then pressing export only gets those columns now, instead of every column as before.

David

0 Kudos
JFWCCH
Contributor
Contributor

What happened to Snapshot in column list.. they had finally added in 6.x (think was 6.5 maybe..)??

guess it's back to cmdline...

0 Kudos
KNardi
Contributor
Contributor

Been trying to get that answer for a year

0 Kudos
KNardi
Contributor
Contributor

I wish I could find that answer also, can't find it anywhere

0 Kudos