VMware Cloud Community
odohertyd
Contributor
Contributor

Sharepoint 2013 Performance

Hi All,

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this but looking for some help with a Sharepoint 2013 performance issue with vmware. Our set up is as below.

The sharepoint VMs reside in a HA and DRS enabled cluster of hosts. Each host is connected back to a Nexus switch. This looks after layer 2 switching. All sharepoint VMs are on the same VLAN.

I have troubleshooted all aspects now, %ready times, over provisioning, san, thin/thick disks, etc. I believe it now to be network related.

Sharepoint is extremely chatty. If our SQL server and web front ends are on different hosts we see performance hits in sharepoint. Application response times are poor.

However if we group all these VMs on the same host response times improves dramatically. With the VMs on the same host they are connected to the same port group and same v standard switch. Hence network traffic between the VMs never leave the host.

Once the VMs are seperated out on different hosts and the traffic has to go to the nexus we see performance hits. Our network team have stated the nexus ports are not fully utilized and bandwidth is not the issue.

I'd like to pinpoint what is causing it. Anyone have any suggestions on where to investigate?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
muralee29477
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Good Luck

Muralee

0 Kudos
dude27
Contributor