VMware Cloud Community
Hoodsie2018
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Settings to increase vmnic utilization history

If you go to real time you can choose which NIC's utilization (read rate, transmission and many others) you want to watch. As soon as you go to last 1 day it all goes away except the whole host's utilization rate. Anyone know which setting exactly to change to get this to keep data for 1 day? Or at least 12 hours? I know where the statistic collection levels are but the documentation is pretty scant on details for this type of info. 

This is what we have today: 

Hoodsie2018_0-1627652803045.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Hoodsie2018
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

nada? 🙂

0 Kudos
nachogonzalez
Commander
Commander

Hey, hope you are doing fine.
I was working with this previously and I agree with you that the documentation is scarse.

VMware recommendation on this is Do not change it unless you have a requirement from a thrid party monitoring tool.
I have experienced issues because of this changes (Increasing the Data Collection Levels will consume more disk on space).

I would advice not to use this and go for vROPs

Warm regards

0 Kudos
Sigmund11
Contributor
Contributor

If you go to real time you can choose which NIC's utilization (read rate, transmission and many others) you want to watch. As soon as you go to last 1 day it all goes away except the whole host's utilization rate. Anyone know which setting exactly to change to get this to keep data for 1 day? Or at least 12 hours? I know where the statistic collection levels are but the documentation is pretty scant on details for this type of info.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Hoodsie2018
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks. The issue is vROPs for Horizon was ended as far as I know. We would likely only have a short retention and have plenty of disk monitoring alerting set up to get warned if it's getting low. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Hoodsie2018
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

That's what I'm trying to find out too. it's really not helpful to only have real time data. 

0 Kudos