VMware Cloud Community
Andrew_Keller_C
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

SSL Automation Tool Error

I'm trying to update my certificates to certs that are signed by our CA. When I go to update the SSO certificates, it asks for my master password. When I enter it in, it gives me an error that the password is incorrect. I know it is correct, because I can uninstall SSO with the same password, and can change admin passwords with the rsautil utility (which also requires that the master password). I believe it is giving me an error because I have an ampersand (&) in my password, and is treating it as a delimiter.

Since according to VMware, there is no way to change the SSO master password, am I SOL? If I uninstall SSO and reinstall with a new password, will that mess anything up? All I really care about is that my VDI clients don't get disconnected and can reconnect to the clients (all full clones).

BTW, I have already tried to change the password with that german site (http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=de&tl=...)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Have you tried just running

rsautil manage-secrets -a change

it should automatically request the normal password and a new password avoiding any command line escaping issues.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

This behaviour can indeed be caused by a master password containing certain special characters.

There is a way to change the master password though:

http://kb.vmware.com/kb/2038826

Note: You can also update the master password that was created during installation using the rsautil manage-secrets -mcommand. For example:

rsautil manage-secrets -m VMware123! -a change -N VMware@12345
Andrew_Keller_C
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply, but I get the following error (The "1b" is the part of my password after the '&' sign):

'1b' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

When I put the password in quotes, I get almost the same error:

'1b####' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Have you tried just running

rsautil manage-secrets -a change

it should automatically request the normal password and a new password avoiding any command line escaping issues.

0 Kudos
Andrew_Keller_C
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

That worked! Thank you, you are a lifesaver!

0 Kudos