VMware Cloud Community
treceverde
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

SRM issues

We have a client who has SRM configured for two sites on their network. I have been trying to troubleshoot a time-out issue for them.

When trying to load the Site Recovery menu in the web client, they get the following timeout error:

pastedImage_0.png

This message eventually disappears and the menu will load.

However, they are also seeing other similar messages. Another example is when they attempt to load the secondary site in the Sites menu and are waiting for the permissions prompt:

pastedImage_1.png

Again, this error will eventually disappear, and the prompt might show up in about 2-5 minutes.

They've also been receiving the following error (apologies; I wasn't able to retrieve a screen shot):

"Unable to retrieve Permissions data. The query execution timed out because of a back-end property provider 'com.vmware.srm.client.infraservice.permissions.PermissionsPropertyProvider' which took more than 120 seconds."

I have not had any luck searching on the specific content of these messages; most search results point to similar messages that aren't related to SRM. Has anyone had any experience with these issues before, and/or any luck tracing the root cause?

Thanks,

Stew

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
treceverde
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Okay....

Since the flood of answers has been underwhelming, we had to solve this ourselves. The root cause of this issue was found to be a memory leak - the server had been up for over 200 days, and everything was normalized by a host system reboot.

No time-outs after that anymore.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
treceverde
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Okay....

Since the flood of answers has been underwhelming, we had to solve this ourselves. The root cause of this issue was found to be a memory leak - the server had been up for over 200 days, and everything was normalized by a host system reboot.

No time-outs after that anymore.